HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR WOODEN BOWL
THE FINISH: Your bowl is finished with food-safe, 100% refined Walnut Oil. This fine, oil finish lets you see the unique, natural character of the wood. This finish also serve as the ideal original finish for your bowl and allows it to achieve a patina that only comes with repeated use of the bowl over time. This patina makes your bowl even more beautiful each year for years to come.
BOWL CARE FOR UTILITARIAN BOWLS:
- Wash your bowl after each use, with warm soapy water and a sponge or cloth to remove food oils. Rinse, then towel dry the bowl completely.
Avoid soaking your bowl and NEVER put your bowl in the dishwasher!
- Occasionally, every couple of months or anytime your bowl looks or feels dry, lightly oil it with Refined Walnut Oil (the oil is available at your local grocery store). Spread the oil over the entire surface of the bowl, being sure to get it in the nooks and crannies of knots and decorative beads. Let the oil stand for a few minutes and then wipe and buff your bowl with a cotton cloth (paper towels work well).
- The cloth which wrapped your bowl when you received your order has been specially selected to act as a buffing cloth.
- Let the oil cure for 24-48 hours before reusing it. Over time, oiling will be necessary less frequently.
- Oiled bowls, which are exposed to air and sunlight, will darken over the years. (Lighter colored bowls will darken more dramatically). This is how a beautiful patina is created on your bowl like that seen on bowls which have been passed down through generations. It only adds to the beauty and character of your bowl.
BOWL CARE FOR DECORATIVE BOWLS:
- Minimal care is needed for decorative bowls. However, an occasional application of oil and a buffing will enhance their sheen.
- To slow the natural darkening process, keep your bowl out of direct sunlight. Avoid exposing your bowl to sudden changes of humidity or temperature.
Thank you for purchasing one of my bowls. If you have any further questions feel free to call or email me and I will be happy to talk to you about your questions or concerns. I trust this bowl will provide you with years of pleasure.